The Learning Support department consists of a full-time Head of Learning Support based at Prep and a part-time Head of Learning Support at Pre-Prep, as well as Learning Support Assistants and Teaching Assistants who work in both departments.
Our specialist teachers offer expertise and help to resolve difficulties, and promote positive solutions for pupils experiencing barriers to their learning.
We employ a range of strategies to achieve this including:
- Identification and assessment of individual needs
- Designing individual learning programmes
- Advising and working with colleagues both academic and pastoral
- Liaising with external agencies
- Providing accessibility through a range of resources
We work in close partnership with parents to formulate an effective strategy to support those pupils at Hampton Pre-Prep & Prep who need additional support or have particular needs. Our nurturing environment provides opportunities for us to quickly identify strengths and areas for development, and we provide all pupils with the best possible opportunities to enable them to learn.